Monday, September 8, 2014

Tying up loose ends...

 Before we say good-bye (temporarily, as we will be returning to this area before we head home in the fall) to this special place, I have a few odds and ends photos I have to share!
 The first is from an ice cream shoppe in the nearby town.  Look closely at the offering board.  Or, more specifically, check out the various serving sizes...   I have to say I like a place that includes prices for ice cream dog treats!!

 My kinda place.  And boy, they are SO right with that one message!  Although Tractor has a bone to pick with them... (and no, he doesn't get ice cream from us either - he seems to be allergic to dairy.  It always comes right back up and out!!)

 I felt I should blur out their names, but I love their sign!!!

 While visiting with our good friends, Bill and Mar (Marilyn), Zou made friends with their ragdoll, Theo.



 A reservoir was established several years ago, in the town just north of "our town" (and actually east of where my grandparents used to live).  I wasn't keen on the idea, esp. since they moved one of my uncles out of his home because it would ultimately be underwater!  I'm sure he was well-compensated, and I've adapted to the 'new' reality.  The water is pretty...



 A lovely old house (and pretty backdrop) on the road in between the two towns.

 And looking south off the side of said road.

The view of my favoritest mountain range from our friends' house (who live just a mile or so from where my 'Gamma and Gampa' lived).

Another cool peak, part of a different range to the east.  At sunset.  I've been on top of this "12er" a couple times over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment