Sunday, September 7, 2014

Out on a mosquito-studded evening...

This area is so beautiful and so familiar to me.  I love to just drive the back roads, esp. around sunset (which, yes, can mean you pay the price in blood to hoards of hungry mosquitoes!!).


 These wonderful dirt roads are better after a little rain...  Otherwise, they can be VERY dusty with any traffic!





 And this is where I REALLY got chewed on by those little buzzing b**tards!  It was past sunset, but I just had to get photos of these bucks - even if it was too low light and I ended up with West Nile virus!!
So here is my Ungulate Oddities collection...  This one titled "Head above the Rest."

 And "Two Heads are Better than One."

 Most of my subjects don't seem to mind being photographed, but once in awhile one will give me a hard time.  Like this fellow, who's giving me a piece of his mind.

 Guess they must have gotten a bit hacked-off because they left.

 But not before they gave me one last dirty look.

 But then I ran into this duo.  I'm thinking of calling this one "Where you end, and I begin," or "Coming and Going?" or "Seven Legs are Better than Four."

 I lost an entire arm and a leg to those blood-stealing marauders while trying to capture this scene!!  It really sucked... 

but it was pretty.  Almost even worth it!  Almost.

1 comment:

  1. "but it was pretty. Almost even worth it! Almost." Well, it was worth every drop of your blood to me. 8-) Nice shot. All of them are great as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete