Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Too Late for Lupines Trail

So, back in early July...Zouey and I took a trail who's name promised bountiful lupines...  Unfortunately, I think we needed to go in June to see them!  They were all done by the second week of July.
 Idyllic Colorado!

 The one patch we found...

But the trail was still worth doing - just look at the views!  Here, we're looking down at the town of CB.

 Unknown wildflower



 Another mysterious plant...

 A cattle guard that was particularly tricky for my little Zou!  Open grating, with plenty of spaces for a paw to fall through and two or more feet of height to do it in!  Amazingly (to me, anyways!), she made it over the first time, no problem.  But on the way back, she balked (understandably!), and I ended up heaving her over it somehow.

 More beautiful blue flax, and another little beauty in the background.

 Maybe they should've named this trail after the paintbrush instead?! 

 A pretty scene a little further down the road from the trailhead.

And another one, on the way back home and just south of that town I mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment